Use of the website and the services offered by The Gideons International is expressly conditioned upon and subject to certain terms and conditions of use. By using this website, you agree to be bound by all of these terms and conditions of use of this website.
This page states the terms and conditions under which you may use the www.gideons.org and www.gideonsteam.org (the “Website”) operated by The Gideons International, a Tennessee nonprofit corporation (the “Company”). Please read this page carefully. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, do not use the Website. The Company may revise these terms and conditions at any time by updating this posting. You should visit this page periodically to review the terms and conditions, because they are binding on you.
1. Use and Ownership of Content
- You acknowledge and agree that this Website and all of its content, such as text, graphics, software, data, information, images and other material (“Content”), are owned by the Company and/or its third party content providers (“Content Providers”).
- The Content is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws in both the United States and internationally. Unauthorized use of the Content may violate copyright, trademark, and other laws. You must retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the original Content on any copy you make of the Content. You may not sell or modify the Content or reproduce, perform, display, distribute, or otherwise use the Content in any way for any public or commercial purpose without first obtaining express written consent from the Company or the appropriate Content Provider. The use of the Content on any other website or in a networked computer environment for any purpose is prohibited except as specified in this section, unless you first obtain the written permission of the Company or the appropriate Content Provider. Each Content Provider is a third-party beneficiary hereunder to the extent necessary to enforce its proprietary rights in the Content.
- THE GIDEONS INTERNATIONAL and the THE GIDEONS INTERNATIONAL logo are trademarks of the Company (the “Marks”). Any use of the Company’s Marks by you or any third party without the prior express written consent of the Company is prohibited.
- You may use this Website and the Content only for your personal use in reviewing and, if desired, applying for open employment positions at the Company. The Company authorizes you to view, print, and download copies of the Website and the Content solely for such personal use, provided that such downloads and printed copies contain the following notice:”Copyright © The Gideons International. All rights reserved.”
- For information obtained from the Content Providers, you are solely responsible for compliance with copyright, trademark and other proprietary rights and restrictions and are referred to publication data appearing in bibliographic citations, as well as to the copyright notices appearing in the original publications.
- If you violate any of these terms and conditions, your permission to use the Content automatically terminates and you must immediately destroy any copies you have made of the Content.
2. Disclaimers of Liability
- The Content may contain inaccuracies, omissions, or typographical errors. The Company makes no representations about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of the Content or about the results to be obtained from using the Website and the Content. The use of the Website and the Content is at your own risk. Changes are periodically made to the Website and may be made at any time, but the Company is under no obligation to update the Website or to correct any errors or omissions in it.
- The Company does not warrant that the Website will operate error-free or that the Website and its servers are free of computer viruses or other harmful goods. If your use of the Website or the Content results in the need for servicing or replacing equipment or data, the Company is not responsible for those costs.
- THE WEBSITE AND CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITH ALL FAULTS AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. THE COMPANY, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY’S RIGHTS, OWNERSHIP, ACCURACY OF INFORMATIONAL CONTENT, AND THE WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE COMPANY MAKES NO WARRANTIES ABOUT THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, OR TIMELINESS OF THE CONTENT.
- IN NO EVENT WILL THE COMPANY OR ITS MEMBERS, MANAGERS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND THE ASSIGNS OF SAME BE LIABLE FOR (1) ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INDIRECT DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR INFORMATION, AND THE LIKE) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE, THE MATERIALS OR ANY INFORMATION OR TRANSACTIONS PROVIDED ON THE WEBSITE OR DOWNLOADED FROM THE WEBSITE, EVEN IF THE COMPANY OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR (2) ANY CLAIM ATTRIBUTABLE TO ERRORS, OMISSIONS, OR OTHER INACCURACIES IN THE WEBSITE OR IN THE MATERIALS AND/OR LISTINGS OR INFORMATION DOWNLOADED THROUGH THE WEBSITE. BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, THE COMPANY’S LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THE COMPANY’S TOTAL AGGREGATE LIABILITY FOR ALL CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE WEBSITE OR THE CONTENT SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DIRECT DAMAGES THAT CAN BE PROVEN UP TO A MAXIMUM OF ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS ($1000.00).
3. User Information
4. Jurisdiction and Venue
You expressly agree that exclusive jurisdiction and venue for any dispute with the Company or in any way relating to your use of the Website resides in the courts of the State of Tennessee, County of Davidson or in the United States District Court of the Middle District of Tennessee. You further agree and expressly consent to the exercise of personal jurisdiction in the above-referenced courts in connection with any such dispute, including but not limited to any claim involving the Company or its affiliates, subsidiaries, employees, shareholders, directors, contractors, officers, telecommunication providers and content providers.
These terms and conditions are governed by the internal substantive laws of the State of Tennessee, without respect to its conflict of laws principles. No waiver of any term or condition herein shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or condition or any other term or condition. These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and the Company with respect to the use of the Website. The Company reserves the right to modify these terms and conditions without notice to you, and your continued use of the Website after such modifications will make such modifications binding on you.
Effective September 2015