Serves as the chief communications strategist and is responsible for achieving The Gideons International objectives through the development and deployment of marketing plans that will produce fresh, engaging, informative content, both online and in print, ultimately strengthening and driving brand awareness. The outcome is to guide the strategy for all communications, whether it is digital web-based, social media, graphic design, marketing, public relations, photography, print materials, and all collateral to consistently articulate the mission and brand of The Gideons International.
Must advance the Association’s position with our members and potential members, as well as drive broader awareness and donor support for the organization. The Director, Marketing & Public Relations will work closely with the senior leadership as the communications partner on a variety of strategic initiatives.
In order to meet marketing objectives, the Director works with those he supervises to:
o Develop and implement an integrated communications strategy to advance The Gideons International brand identity; to broaden awareness of its programs and priorities; and to increase the visibility of its programs across key stakeholder audiences – members, pastors, prospects, donors.
o Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and collateral materials, including, but not limited to, magazine, bulletins, manuals, email, and brochures.
o Lead the generation of online content that engages audience segments and measurable action.
o Manage all media contacts.
o Provide pertinent research of the Association’s market segments to identify challenges and emerging issues faced by the organization.
o Motivate staff to reach highest levels possible; and
o Maintains careful budget control procedures.
• Should possess the ability to plan, implement, and complete a number and variety of projects simultaneously – and with success. Ability to supervise, motivate, and move staff to continuous levels of production is significant.
• Ability and willingness to travel, including overnight.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Marketing
• Strong marketing and/or public relations background with proven results
• 15+ years advancing experience in marketing and operational management preferably in a Christian not-for-profit organization
• Strategic thinker with broad perspective and, at the same time, demonstrates an acute attention to detail and ability to execute flawlessly
• Fosters the development of people, while managing for growth
• Customer-oriented with excellent interpersonal and communication skill
Experience work for non-profit organizations
• PC and Mac experience, especially in Microsoft Office applications
• Successful completion of a drug and background screen
8-10 years of marketing and operational management in a non-profit environment
Solid knowledge of The Gideons International a plus
Bi-lingual (Spanish or French) preferred but not essential